Re: mutt/2058: Folder name completion and browser listing are handled

The following reply was made to PR mutt/2058; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ryan Reich <reich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mutt/2058: Folder name completion and browser listing are handled
 inconsistently
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2005 14:27:39 +0200 (CEST)

 Hello Ryan,

  On Thursday, September 8, 2005 at 9:58:13 AM -0400, Ryan Reich wrote:

 > start mutt in account 1 and do <change-folder><tab><select-entry>
 > <change-folder>(account 2)<change-folder><tab><select-entry>. At this
 > point, and no earlier, the variables all change to the first account's
 > but I continue to browse the second account correctly (that is, the
 > command <change-folder><tab> brings up the current account's folders.

     More exactly <change-folder><Tab> brings the same directory as
 browsed last time. This is not influenced by runtime changes to $folder.
 Only the first such call to browser is initialised by $folder. AFAICS
 this is the intended behaviour, permitting to continue navigating at the
 point where one last left the browser.

     Start Mutt, ":set folder=~/Mail/<Enter>", then <change-folder><Tab>
 will bring you in the ~/Mail/ directory. Navigate out of there, towards
 /tmp/. Quit browsing, either thru <exit>^G or selecting a folder in
 /tmp/. Call again <change-folder><Tab>: You're in /tmp/.

     AFAICS the same for local directories and IMAP ones, and the same
 for <change-folder><complete> and <change-folder>?

 > needed), then the settings are NOT changed afterwards, even if I use
 > the other command subsequently.

     Completing = explicitly completes $folder. And browsing $folder will
 count as "last time" for the next <change-folder><Tab>.

 > Still, the second command has its drawbacks as I mentioned in the
 > original report.

     You mean <change-folder>=<Tab><Tab><Tab> that could sometimes not
 bring the browser, but first complete an unambiguous name in $folder?

 Bye!   Alain.
 --
 set honor_followup_to=yes in muttrc is the default value, and makes your
 list replies go where the original author wanted them to go: Only to the