Re: imap/2064: wish: imap operations should be interruptable

On Monday, 12 September 2005 at 18:34, Brendan Cully wrote:
> On Monday, 12 September 2005 at 19:53, Kyle Wheeler wrote:
> > On Monday, September 12 at 11:14 PM, quoth Brendan Cully:
> > >Synopsis: wish: imap operations should be interruptable
> > >
> > >This will probably depend on getting IMAP to reconnect on disconnect...
> > >interrupting is easy, but recovering from the interruption isn't.
> > >**** Comment added by brendan on Mon, 12 Sep 2005 23:14:35 +0200 ****
> >
> > Hmm... well, if it helps, mutt-ng claims to have imap reconnecting
> > working, and the source is similar enough to mutt that my fist-ful of
> > patches applies without complaint. They might have a way of doing it.
>
> Might be worth looking at, but I seem to recall them getting various
> segfault reports about that code. That seems to be the norm for most
> of their additional features, as far as I can tell. In general I'm not
> inclined to expect their code to be of high quality...

I've read it. As far as I can tell it just reopens the mailbox
blindly, so I wouldn't expect it to be very robust. One thing I'd
definitely want to do is preserve the current mailbox while
reconnecting, and if the uidvalidity and exists counts are the same,
just drop the new connection into the old context... also, the various
mailbox-altering commands need some way of retrying or failing
correctly.