Re: mutt/1537: Strange regexp behaviour: missing/ empty headers aren't checked for "empty" pattern match

Synopsis: Strange regexp behaviour: missing/ empty headers aren't checked for
"empty" pattern match

**** Comment added by rado on Wed, 24 Aug 2005 20:24:27 +0200 ****
 detailed subject.

I don't know whether mutt should check for patterns whose header lines or
contents are missing.
I guess when the patterns are already offered, then "yes".
Instead of checking for NULL for missing header (or its content)
the pattern controlled headers might be initialzed with an empty string.

If in need of work-around maybe "~h '^subject: *$'" for empty subject and
"!~h '^subject:'" for none at all will do it.