1.5.10 / trash folder patch

Hey - I am a little nervous about manually fixing one of the rejects
from the trash folder patch (against 1.5.10).... I wrote to Cedric about
this, but in the meantime, can someone who is smarter than me let me
know the safest way to handle this rejected line from his patch?

This is the code:
   if (mutt_append_message (ctx, Context, h, cmflags, chflags) == 0)
   {
     if (delete)
     {
       mutt_set_flag (Context, h, M_DELETE, 1);
       if (option (OPTDELETEUNTAG))
       mutt_set_flag (Context, h, M_TAG, 0);
     }
     mutt_set_flag (Context, h, M_APPENDED, 1);

And the old code:
 if (mutt_append_message (ctx, Context, h, cmflags, chflags) == 0 && delete)

However, the new line seems to be:

  if ((rc = mutt_append_message (ctx, Context, h, cmflags, chflags)) != 0)
    return rc;