Re: mutt/1452: mutt renames files that contain attachments

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1452; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Alain Bench <veronatif@xxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: David Laight <david@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: mutt/1452: mutt renames files that contain attachments
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 21:14:30 +0200 (CEST)

 Hello Brendan,

  On Tuesday, August 2, 2005 at 3:42:36 AM +0200, Brendan Cully wrote:

 > On Saturday, February 1, 2003 at 4:48:11 PM +0000, David Laight wro=
 te:
 >> When attaching a file to an email it is useful to be able to chang=
 >> the name of the attachment.
 > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 > misunderstanding. You want change-description.

     Wait a second:

  =B7 Compose:<edit-description> does change content description, not =
 name.

  =B7 Compose:<rename-file> renames the local file, and attachment nam=
 e.

     There is no way to rename the attachment only, and this is probab=
 ly
 a valid wish. In fact renaming a local file from Mutt seems bloat to =
 me,
 as this can be done outside Mutt, or even inside with <shell-escape>.

 Bye!=09Alain.
 --=20
 =AB=A0if you believe the Synopsis header, I've got a bridge to sell y=
 ou.=A0=BB