Re: mutt/2029: Non-ASCII characters stripped from manual.txt

On 2005-08-09 22:14:06 +0200, Brendan Cully wrote:
> Fixed in CVS. I don't think -c latin really works for
> non-latin environments (eg utf-8), but that seems to be a
> limitation of linuxdoc. This is an improvement, and
> hopefully docbook will fix it entirely.

Yes, and one can still find many iso-8859-1 files. So I hope that
UTF-8 environments are able to recognize non-UTF-8 files and do
the conversion properly until every one has switched to UTF-8 for
text/plain files.

Another temporary solution would be to convert the output into UTF-8
(or the locale-specified charset?) with iconv.