mutt/1649: mutt/1649: interactive :set mbox_type=<Tab> completion

The following reply was made to PR mutt/1649; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Brendan Cully <brendan@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: bug-any@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: mutt/1649: interactive :set mbox_type=<Tab> completion
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 21:09:28 -0700

 On Tuesday, 02 August 2005 at 20:16, Will Yardley wrote:
 > On Mon, Aug 01, 2005 at 03:43:34AM +0200, brendan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
 >
 > > Synopsis: interactive :set mbox_type=<Tab> completion
 > >
 > > State-Changed-From-To: open->closed
 > > State-Changed-By: brendan
 > > State-Changed-When: Mon, 01 Aug 2005 03:43:34 +0200
 > > State-Changed-Why:
 > > Fixed in CVS.
 >
 > [ Not sure whether to reply both to the bug, just to the bug, or just to
 > the list ]

 bug-any eventually goes to mutt-dev (albeit after mangling the message
 a bit) as long as the bug ID is in the subject. So I guess it depends
 on whether you want the mail logged with the bug.

 > Hrm - this doesn't quite work as I'd expect....
 >
 > I see:
 > set mbox_type=<tab>
 > set mbox_type="foo"
 >
 > (including quotes)
 > where "foo" is the /current/ mailbox type.
 >
 > Hitting tab repeatedly doesn't seem to switch to the next type, and
 > hitting "set mbox_type=m<tab> doesn't return a list of possible
 > completions.

 To be honest, it's not what I was expecting either. I usually use
 set ?mbox_type<return>
 to get that information, and don't see the point in having two ways of
 doing it. But I'm just imitating what mutt was doing for every other
 variable.

 I agree that tab-completion/cycling would be nice. I guess you could
 submit it as a change-request.