Man page formatting on OpenBSD

On OpenBSD, the "Simple Patterns" section of the man page seems to be
screwy - it shows up like this for me:

   Simple Patterns
       Mutt understands the following simple patterns:

       l  l.   ~A   all messages ~b EXPR   messages which contain
       EXPR in the message body ~B EXPR   messages which  contain
       EXPR in the whole message ~c EXPR   messages carbon-copied
       to EXPR ~C  EXPR   message  is  either  to:  or  cc:  EXPR
       ~D   deleted  messages ~d MIN-MAX     messages with "date-
       sent" in a Date range ~E   expired messages ~e EXPR   mes-
       sage   which   contains   EXPR   in   the  "Sender"  field
       ~F   flagged messages ~f EXPR   messages originating  from
       [....]

Spacing of everything else looks Ok, and I'm relatively sure my terminal
settings are Ok.

the actual markup here looks like:
.SS Simple Patterns
.PP
Mutt understands the following simple patterns:
.PP
.TS
l l.
~A      all messages
~b \fIEXPR\fP   messages which contain \fIEXPR\fP in the message body
[...]

Haven't tried the ports version yet. Looks fine on FreeBSD.