Re: FIX: Error compiling: no member named 'open64'

On Wed, Jul 06, 2005 at 06:13:49PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:

> >>  h->env->(open)(...)
[...]
> it's also common to put pointer expressions in parentheses, and someone
> might forget what the point of the change was and remove it during a
> cleanup.

Not to take away from what you said, but wouldn't you also say that
this kind of fix for preprocessor weirdness warrants a comment?
Something like:

  /* weird parens fix preprocessor wierdness - don't remove */

I think that would make it far less likely someone down the road would
accidentally "fix" the fix...  I know lots of programmers hate
comments, but this seems like a good place for one to me.  ;-)

-=-=-=-=-