Re: mutt 1.5.8i: SIGSEGV in imap_sync_mailbox

* Christoph Ludwig <cludwig@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [Jun 16. 2005
14:06]:
> Hi,
>
> today I managed to make mutt segfault. The failure occurs if mutt wants to
> update status flags of a message that was already removed from its IMAP folder
> by another IMAP client.
>
> I can reproduce the segfault by doing the following:
>
> 1) start mutt (--> client A), send an email to myself.
>
> 2) read that mail in client A; do *not* call sync-mailbox.
>
> 3) start another mutt instance (--> client B)
>
> 4) in client B, (re)move the mail and call sync-mailbox.
>
> 5) in client A, call sync-mailbox
>    ==> SIGSEGV
>
> My configuration of mutt and gdb's output follow below.

This is consistent with the crashes one of my users have had. It's
pretty serious, is there noone with IMAP knowledge who can fix it?

--
Mads Martin Joergensen, http://mmj.dk
"Why make things difficult, when it is possible to make them cryptic