Re: Address book

On 2005-05-26, Jonas Jacobsson <jonas@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi again,
>
> This time I have a question regarding an external address book.
> If I want the normal To: handling to use an external address
> book, in this case a small application I have written that querys
> a ldap server. Do I need to patch mutt myself, or is this in
> the roadmap?
>
> Today there is a key for using an external application, but I
> want it to be transparent to the normal to: field when writing
> a mail.

Do you mean the 'Q' key in the index menu?  That's one way to use an
external application for address queries, but another is to use
Ctrl-T after typing some part of the name or address at the To:
prompt.  Take a look at section 4.5 of the mutt manual, "External
Address Queries".  The 'mutt_ldap_query.pl' script mentioned there
is available from a contributor listed at www.mutt.org.  I think it
is also part of the Little Brother's Database (lbdb) distribution.

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division