Re: [Patch] Add ability to specify the column when to wrap long lines

* On 2005.05.05, in <20050505164132.GB7242@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
*       "Manfred Hollstein" <mh@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> The patch for this incl. the documentation is attached. I'd appreciate
> if it can be approved and applied by someone.

This seems like a reasonable thing for mutt to be capable of, but I'd
rather see wrapmargin and wrapcolumn combined -- e.g., if $wrapcolumn
is positive, wrap at that column, if negative, wrap at that offset from
the width of the terminal.  This is fairly typical behavior for screen
layout engines, so it should be generally understood.

Could wrapcolumn be adapted to do that, and wrapmargin be phased out in
a later release?  Internally wrapmargin could translate to wrapcolumn.

--
 -D.    dgc@xxxxxxxxxxxx        NSIT    University of Chicago