Re: line overrun in <sort-reverse> prompt

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005, David Champion wrote:
>     2) Same as #1, but somehow prioritize the keys so that as many
>        as will fit in your terminal width are shown. Nice from the
>        usability perspective, but more annoying to code.
>
>     3) Develop a sort menu, where sort and sort_aux can both be selected
>        from a list. Much more work, but has the advantage that it would
>        be more flexible if the sort options are extended some time. I
>        recall that Daniel Eisenbud once considered adding a tertiary
>        sort key, but concluded that it wasn't needed at the time.

I suggest an idea; tab. (Maybe between 2 and 3 ?)

If I see a shortened prompt, I would push <tab>. I would expect
the first tab shows "date", the next shows "from", and so on, to
push <enter> to choose one.

This idea needs more translation, and you may find it a harder
work than a sort menu.

Maybe it could be....
| const char *candidates[] =
|   { N_("(d)ate"), N_("(f)rm"), N_("(r)ecv"), ..., NULL };
| switch (mutt_multi_choice_with_tab
|   (_("Rev-Sort"), _("dfrsotuzcp"), _("/"), candidates))
Well, this looks hard to translate. :(

It's just an idea.
Please forget it if you think it's stupid.

Bye,
--
tamo