Re: Listing patterns in the help screen

On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 11:17:45PM +0900, Tamotsu Takahashi wrote:
> I usually use my local manual, not the web.
> But I think it is less convenient than the help screen.
> "!less -p '~A' manual.txt" matches message-hook, not patterns.

Sure, there's lots of useful stuff that could go on the help screen...
In fact, why don't we make the whole manual part of the help screen?!?
Or, I guess you could just hit F1...

Er, sorry for he sarcasm.  My point, for those who may have missed it,
is that the more you add to the help screen, the less useful it
becomes as a help screen.  The information you need is available in
the manual, which you can already get from within mutt by hitting F1
(by default).  Search for "Pattern" (hint: use the '/' key) and hit
'n' a couple of times, and you're there.

There's no need for a patch.

-=-=-=-=-