Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

On Jan 27, Thomas Roessler <roessler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> > patch-1.5.4.fw.maildir_inode_sort Read maildirs sorted by inode.
> > See the patch text for details. Added 2003-10-24.
> Do we have any insight into what effect (if any) this patch has on
> non-Linux systems?
I do not expect it to have any ill effect, except the tiny time wasted
sorting the directory.

> > patch-1.5.4.vk.pgp_verbose_mime
> > Add a filename and description to MIME signatures.
> > Added 2003-09-13.
> Bloat.
Why?
(I suppose that "Evolution does it as well" may not be such a good
argument... :-) )

> > patch-1.5.5.1.nt.xtitles.3.ab.1
> > Set the xterm title, nice to have.
> > Added before 2002.
> Ungeneric.
What do you mean?
I suppose that an alternative implementation could be having escape
sequences like \[ \] in bash prompt, to allow setting the title from
e.g. $pager_format.

--
ciao,
Marco