Re: What should go into 1.5.7?

TAKAHASHI Tamotsu <ttakah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > > but alternates '@.*\.domain'; unalternates '@not-mine\.domain' doesn't
> > > work.
> >
> > Doesn't it?  I wrote the notalternates patch to do almost exactly this,
> > though the patterns I'm using match on bits of the local-part of the
> > address rather than the domain.  But I see no reason why it wouldn't work
> > exactly as you have it above.

> Well, sorry for my poor English.
> With your patch,
>       alternates '@.*\.domain'; notalternates '@not-mine\.domain'
> does work.

Yes.  I use it every day.

> But I don't think we need notalternates.

I disagree.

> ==== ideal "alternates" behaviour ====
> While reading muttrc...
>       Mutt stores REs of "alternates" command.
>       Mutt stores REs of "unalternates" command.
> While reading a message...
>       First, mutt thinks the message is from you if it matches any of the
> "alternates" REs.
>       But mutt changes his dicision if the message matches any of the
> "unalternates" REs.
>

> Got it?

Oh, yes, I understand you.  Your "ideal alternates behavioru" was how I
originally thought alternates/unalternates was supposed to work -- but I was
corrected by other list members.  My notalternates patch adds exactly this
functionality without disturbing the current alternates/unalternates
behaviour.

Charles
Charles Cazabon                          <muttdev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>