Re: Mutt Next Generation

On Wed, Jan 26, 2005 at 01:21:31PM +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
(URL modified by tamo)
> * including patches
>   There are tons of mutt patches out there. See for example the list
>   posted on mutt-dev recently:
>   http://www.df7cb.de/mutt/message/20041221.091949.42f233d6.en.html
>
>   Adding (some of) those should be postponed to 1.7, imho.
>   Which to include should be discussed on mutt-dev.

Decrypt-save was partly fixed, but the fix was said to be insufficient.
( http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=275188&msg=36 )

Decode-save has to be fixed or disabled before releasing a new version.
But my patch was too complicated to take it easily.
( http://www.df7cb.de/mutt/message/20041223.112018.3f5be531.en.html )

These bugs can cause severe problems.
IMO, decrypt-save and decode-save should be disabled, and
decrypt-copy and decode-copy should say
        "Copied. But it isn't certain. Please check!"
after copying. This behaviour doesn't require rocket science.

--
tamo