Re: Patches

On 2004-07-09, TAKAHASHI Tamotsu <ttakah@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jul 2004, Gary Johnson wrote:

[...]
> I like it, too.
> It's fairly simple and useful.

Thanks.  I'm glad you like them.

> >     patch-1.5.5.1.gj.sigontop_space_fix.1
> >         Patch to add blank line following 'sigontop' signature.  Bug
> >         fix.
>
> Really a bug? I don't think so.
> Just "echo >> ~/.signature" does.

That works fine if you always use 'sigontop', but I switch back and
forth a lot, putting my signature on the bottom whenever I can but
putting it on top when I reply to those lengthy TOFU conversations
from Outlook users.

I guess it's hard to argue about the "proper" way to put a signature
at the top given that it belongs at the bottom, but it seems that
when put at the top it ought to be separated from the following
text.

Regards,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division