Re: Better piped text support

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 12:35:13AM +0200, Jens Paulus wrote:
> The command $mutt -s <subject> -i - add@ress < textfile.txt
> should make mutt open the editor with the piped text in the buffer or
> open the compose menu with the content of textfile.txt as first
> attachment. If there is a patch for that, please let me know.

No patch.
"mutt -i /dev/stdin < text.txt" works here (FreeBSD and zsh).
If /dev/stdin does not work, you use a wrapper script
(cat>tmpfile;mutt -i tmpfile).

If you don't want to edit the file, do "mutt -e 'set editor=true'"
(Or just use sendmail or qmail-inject. It's simple. :)

--
tamo
I don't subscribe to mutt-users list.