Re: CVS doesn't work

On Wed, 18 Feb 2004, Werner Koch wrote:

> On Wed, 18 Feb 2004 13:58:23 -0300 (BRT), Frédéric L W Meunier said:
>
> > Hi Werner. Are you the CVS maintainer ? I think I'm being
> > blocked. The reason is unknown, but I suppose it's because my
> > IP doesn't resolve ?
>
> Correct, I noticed reject connections.
>
> > The last time I did a succesful 'cvs update' was in November
> > 21.
>
> Due to the fact that a core developer had an intermediate problem with
> the resolving, the checking was disabled for some time thus you were
> abe to use it.
>
> Please ask your ISP to fix the DNS, all addresses should have a
> reverse mapping.  Without that many services will reject you; for
> example mail servers and ssh usually do it.

Yes, but not many I use. ftp://elsie.nci.nih.gov/pub/ and
ftp://vic.cc.purdue.edu/pub/tools/unix/lsof/ do, but I found
mirrors.

Unfortunately asking them won't help, as others have asked in
the past. And I can't change services because it's the only
ADSL here. I'll have to live with it (or find a... mirror).

Anyway, it'd be nice to add something about it at
http://www.gnupg.org/download/cvs_access.html.en and
http://www.mutt.org/download.html, so others know what the
problem is.

--