Re: bug#1800: marked as done (mutt-1.5.6i: Mutt doesn't recognize the "alternates" attribute anymore)

I guess this was the only major downside to putting that patch into CVS ;-)

BTW, Thanks again for the patch - I've been compacting my list config over
the past month or so, now that I don't have to list all the alternate
addys for lists separately (with __altN suffixes, to avoid clobbering
the other aliases for each list).  If I can toss that feature from my
makenewlistsrc script at some point in the future (when everybody will
presumably be using Mutt >1.5.6i, or the patched 1.5.5.1i), it'll greatly
simplify the thing :-)

 - Dave

On Wed, Feb 11, 2004 at 04:42:17AM EST, GUUG bug Tracking System wrote:

> The $alternates variable has been replaced by an alternates command
> in 1.5.6. Instead of saying
>
>       set alternates="rx1|rx2|rx3|(local1|local2)@dom.ain"
>
> you can now do something like this:
>
>       alternates rx1 rx2 rx3
>       alternates '(local1|local2)@dom.ain"
>
> And so on.  The background for this is that it unifies handling of
> alternates with the handling of list patterns as passed to subscribe
> or lists.

> On 2004-02-11 03:44:47 -0000, Kyle Wheeler wrote:

> > -- Please type your report below this line
> >
> > It's rather odd, actually. This same version of mutt, with this patch,
> > works just fine on MacOS X, with the same configuration files (including
> > the "set alternates" command). Now, I get a warning that it's an unknown
> > variable.

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel