Re: Patch for freebsd mail/mutt port

On Tue, Feb 10, 2004 at 01:44:23 -0500, Mike Heffner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can a patch similar to the one attached be committed to the main mutt
> source? (See email trail below)
>

> On 09-Feb-2004 Udo Schweigert wrote:
|| On Sun, Feb 08, 2004 at 23:53:16 -0500, Mike Heffner wrote:
|>> I admin a server that has several users who use mutt on a regular
|>> basis.
|>> When the server has been up for quite awhile and PID's wrap, there are
|>> occasionally problems with conflicting mutt tempfiles which require me
|>> going in as root and clearing out /tmp. The attached patch uses
|>> mktemp()
|>> to build the temp file names so there will hopefully be no conflicts.
|>> Can
|>> you look into adding the patch to the freebsd port?
|>>
|>> Thanks,

One addition to that. I exchanged some mails with other FreeBSD maintainers
on the mktemp problem. Here's a conclusion

> From: Eivind Eklund <eivind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>
> Ideally, this should be replaced with a proper patch to use mkstemp generally
> in mutt where possible, and be fed back to mutt.org.
> The other option is to make mutt use a temp dir around the area where it
> mktemp.  Directories can be created safely, files can't.  I realize that
> due to the number of mutt_mktemp calls in the mutt source code, this
> will probably be non-trivial :-(  (That's why I didn't just do it myself
> and push you a patch.)

Perhaps someone can look into that. Thanks.

Best regards

--
Udo Schweigert, Siemens AG   | Voice      : +49 89 636 42170
CT IC CERT, Siemens CERT     | Fax        : +49 89 636 41166