Re: updated bj.current_shortcut patches for 1.4.1i?

On Thu, Jan 22, 2004 at 04:24:51PM EST, Fernan Aguero wrote:

> I am trying to get sent messages saved to the current
> folder.

Why don't you just do something like this instead?
folder-hook =folder1 fcc-hook =folder1
folder-hook =folder2 fcc-hook =folder2
etc.

> I've seen some patches that do this. I'm currently using a
> mutt v1.4.1i patched with Richard Hitier's save_current
> patch. Now I can say save_current=yes in my muttrc and get
> all sent-messages saved in the current folder.

It overrides fcc-hooks, too?

> However I've also seen some patches by Byrial Jensen, that
> create a shortcut for the current folder (^) that can be
> used to set fcc-hooks. I prefer this approach, since I can
> then decide to save to the current folder or to a general
> outbox.

Well, the folder-hook approach above gives you the same power, and you
can generate the config automatically with a script like this:

ls ~/mail | sed 's/(.*)/folder-hook =\1 fcc-hook =\1/'

...so you can just put this in your muttrc:
source "ls ~/mail | sed 's/(.*)/folder-hook =\1 fcc-hook =\1/'|"

HTH,
 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel