Re: PATCH: index_context: like pager_context

Hi Mike,

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 03:40 PM PST, Mike Schiraldi wrote:
MS> A long time ago, i wrote a patch that adds a variable, index_context, which
MS> works like pager_context: When moving the indicator through the index,
MS> scrolling will start happening n lines early -- in other words, before you
MS> reach the end of the screen. This is useful for exactly the same reason
MS> pager_context is useful -- it allows you to always see a few messages ahead
MS> and it lets you know when you're getting close to the end.

I like this patch and would like to see it included.  But I have one
nit: it appears that I have lost the ability to use 'zz' on the last
message of the index (for example).

Before applying this patch, I could be on any of the last n messages at
the bottom half of the index screen and type 'zz' and the index was
adjusted with the respective message at the center of the screen.  After
I applied the patch, if I type 'zz' in the bottom half of the last index
page, nothing happens.  Assuming ones index is at least one screen full,
the last message is always at the bottom of the screen.  Similar
behavior for 'z\r'.

--
Mun