Re: (patch) new option: pager_end_partial

Hello Aron, and thank you for the suggestion and patch.

 On Monday, January 12, 2004 at 4:05:30 PM -0500, Aron Griffis wrote:

> pager_end_partial. The setting controls whether the pager will display
> a partial page when the end of a message is displayed.

    As a user I prefer that each jump to <next-page> always puts at top
the line that was at bottom, so I don't have to search where to continue
reading. And can't imagine why people would want it otherwise. But if
there is more than one guy wanting it, why not?

    OTOH your patch does not act on pager's <next-line> line-by-line
scroll. It could be interesting to be able to scroll until last line is
at top (like with Slrn's pager). For such situations where you have to
interrupt reading for a while: You could scroll current line to top, and
later resume reading from top.

> Please cc me on replies since I'm not subscribed to the list.

    No problem. You can help repliers to do this automatically by
setting in muttrc "lists mutt-dev@xxxxxxxx" and "set followup_to".

Bye!    Alain.
--
Mutt muttrc tip to send mails in best adapted first necessary and sufficient
charset (version for East Europe Latin-2/CP-852/CP-1250 terminal users):