Re: Translation for help text from system Muttrc

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 01:40:15AM +0100, Vincent Lefevre wrote:

> I don't know if this has already been discussed, but I've just noticed
> that help text from the system Muttrc were not translated. For instance:
>
> <Esc>b      M /~b                  search in message bodies
>
> Is there a plan to provide automatical translations like with the
> messages from the Mutt source?

I can't quite see how one might accomplish that.  Those messages are
hardcoded into the system's Muttrc.  The only workaround I can see is
having a separate system Muttrc for every locale (which might not be a
bad idea, anyway), or having the system Muttrc be a script that generates
the RC script (and is therefore free to use gettext(3), instead of an
actual RC script.

 - Dave

Please visit this link:
http://rotter.net/israel