Re: mutt attachments

On 2003-12-04, Phil Lindberg <phil@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I have been running Mutt 1.2.5i (2000-07-28) on a RedHat Linux box
> for some time now and like it a great deal except for not being
> able to read other than text attachments.  Is there a way of
> being able to view Excel spreadsheets or drawings with Mutt and
> if so, what do I need to do.

Yes, take a look at this web page:

    http://www.spocom.com/users/gjohnson/mutt/

Since you are running on Linux, you can use OpenOffice in place of
the QuickView Plus viewer discussed on that page to view Microsoft
attachments by putting lines like this in your mailcap:

    application/excel; mutt_bgrun ooffice %s; test=RunningX

HTH,
Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
garyjohn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx                   | Wireless Division