[1.5.5.1] Cygwin report and fix for IMAP problems

Hi folks,

I'm using Cygwin 1.3.22 and the gcc 3.2 compiler and would like to
report that 1.5.5.1 immediately segfaults when trying to connect
to an IMAP server.  This is the exact same behaviour that I got
with 1.5.4 (1.5.3 is solid).

I am happy to report that I've fixed the problem (at least on
my machine).  It seems that 1.5.5.1 was crashing at line 486 in
mutt_socket.c, which was "FREE (&host_idna);".  I diffed the code
with 1.5.3 and saw that this is new code.

Also, I saw similar code at line 431 of the same file, but here,
there was an "# ifdef HAVE_LIBIDN" around the FREE().  Could that
be the problem?

I added an "# ifdef HAVE_LIBIDN" around the FREE() at line 486 *AND*
492 in mutt_socket.c and my problems seem to have gone away.

If my "# ifdef HAVE_LIBIDN" is not the proper permanent fix, then
maybe you can put an "#ifndef __CYGWIN__" around it instead.  I'd
like to see a permanent fix make it into the code for us Cygwin
users who like to stay on the cutting edge.

Cheers!

--
rudy - mutt user since v0.93