Re: sasl2 and ipv6

On Mon, 3 Nov 2003 11:52:17 -0500, brendan@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> On Monday, 03 November 2003 at 13:47, Patrick Welche wrote:
> > I just tried cvs-mutt of yesterday, among other things,
> > --with-sasl2 --enable-imap. Connecting to the imap server is fine with
> >   set use_ipv6=no
> > but otherwise I get
> >   mutt: Bad IPLOCALPORT value
> > This is coming from the sasl library. I'm still trying to find out why...
> > I got an error from getnameinfo at one stage - patch included to help
> > future debugging efforts..
> > (Oh - I think it is mutt rather than the server as I can connect to it
> > over ipv6 with a different client)
>
> I'm currently connected over IPv6 and SASL2 on debian unstable. What
> OS/version
> are you using?

NetBSD-current/i386. I tried with net.inet6.ip6.v6only set to both 1, the
default, and 0 as per linux..

> Is your other client also using SASL?

It's imtest, so yes.

Just trying again.. with set use_ipv6=yes

Reading imap://localhost/...
Looking up localhost...
Connecting to localhost...trying 1c18:80/28
Connecting to localhost...

.. and this time no IPLOCALPORT message, but also no mutt which just
exits - maybe sasl was a red herring..

with use_ipv6=no

Reading imap://localhost/...
Looking up localhost...