Re: Backtab key

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Sebastien Gross wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 20, 2003 at 07:23:30PM -0400, dickey@xxxxxxx wrote:
> > > Might this explain why E-BackSpace does no work anymore on my system?
> >
> > probably not.  (I'm not sure what E-BackSpace is, but back-tab is not
> > implemented on many terminals, and usually when it is, is shift-tab
> > and sends \E[Z, which doesn't look like any backspace sequence I'm
> > familiar with).
>

> Maybe do you have any information about the E-BackSpace? its used to act
> like the C-w in version 1.4.x but in 1.5.x it seems to lack.

google suggests that you're talking about
        \e<backspace>
which is the escape character followed by a backspace.

Looking at the source for both 1.4 and 1.5.4, it appears that control/W
is bound to kill-word, but there is no binding for \e<backspace>.  The
only place I see an escape character followed by another nonprinting
character is for \e\t, which is bound to previous-new.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net