Re: WISH: User-controllable priority flags

* Mun Johl <mun_johl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [30-09-2003 22:26]:

> I use the combination of status flags and 'color' to highlight my emails
> according to priority.  For example, if something requires my action
> I'll set the '!' flag which colorizes the message in the index so that
> it stands out.
>
> However, this is limiting because of the lack of many user-controllable
> flags.  I wish there were user-controllable flags--priority flags if
> you will--that a user could assign to an email (maybe 0-9?).  And based
> on the priority one could color the message accordingly in the index (or
> do whatever else the user wishes based on priority).  And it would be
> nice to be able to display the priority of a message via index_format.

I think you can use David Champion's X-Label patch for this;  you can
display it's contents through index_format, and you can use some
header matching color directives to color the messages.

It is available on:

  http://home.uchicago.edu/~dgc/mutt/

HTH,

--
René Clerc                      - (rene@xxxxxxxx) - PGP: 9ACE0AC7

MISS, n.  The title with which we brand unmarried women to indicate
that they are in the market.  Miss, Missis (Mrs.) and Mister (Mr.) are
the three most distinctly disagreeable words in the language, in sound
and sense.  Two are corruptions of Mistress, the other of Master.
-Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"