[IP] more on ICANN demands that VeriSign suspend Site Finder, restore DNS

Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2003 10:58:00 -0700 (PDT)
From: Lauren Weinstein <lauren@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: ICANN demands that VeriSign suspend Site Finder, restore DNS
To: dave@xxxxxxxxxx

Dave,

ICANN's Paul Twomey has demanded in a formal letter that VeriSign suspend
their DNS changes and "Site Finder" by tomorrow evening.
Now we wait for the other shoe to drop.

Sitting here in L.A., I can tell you that this has become a
significant diversion from the circus and stupidity of the
upcoming recall election!

While we both have been outspoken critics of many ICANN policies,
and while the history of events involving ICANN and VeriSign that
led us to this point will certainly bear investigation, I think
we can agree that this action by ICANN is quite welcome news.

Stay tuned.

http://www.icann.org/correspondence/twomey-to-lewis-03oct03.htm

--Lauren--
Lauren Weinstein
lauren@xxxxxxxx or lauren@xxxxxxxxxx or lauren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Tel: +1 (818) 225-2800
http://www.pfir.org/lauren
Co-Founder, PFIR - People For Internet Responsibility - http://www.pfir.org
Co-Founder, Fact Squad - http://www.factsquad.org
Co-Founder, URIICA - Union for Representative International Internet
                     Cooperation and Analysis - http://www.uriica.org
Moderator, PRIVACY Forum - http://www.vortex.com
Member, ACM Committee on Computers and Public Policy