Re: [At-Large] Proposal: Establishing a Registrant Advisory Committee

Peter,

Thank you for your thoughtful reply.  I share your
view of the importance of feeding timely advice into
the policy-making and coordinating processes handled
via the Supporting Organizations; this is precisely
what Advisory Committees are supposed to do.

I?m further appreciative of your assessment that an
Advisory Body whose sole focus is upon the needs of
the general registrant community "may be a useful
development", and I will be happy to work with those
on the GA and NARALO lists that have already endorsed
this concept to see it carefully distinguished per the
guidelines that you have tendered.

It is my expectation that a more formal proposal will
be put forth in advance of the Paris session that will
clarify for the board the extent of the interests that
are not being properly served by the current
structure.

With regard to your query on the topic of registrar
contracts, I look forward to the self-regulatory
activities that will be pursued by the registrar
community and believe that the guidance offered by
such an AC will doubtless facilitate work in the SO
community to buttress that self-regulatory effort
through the consensus policy process.

Understanding that an Advisory Committee is, per the
bylaws, a creation of the board, it would have been
presumptive and inappropriate to act to self-form such
a group, but I am willing to work with others to
clarify the AC?s likely future membership and its
goals in much the same manner that the earlier
At-Large Organizing Committee (ALOC) facilitated the
emergence of the ALAC; additionally, per your request
a clear cost benefit analysis will of course be
provided.

As bottom-up momentum is already developing with
regard to this proposal, it is my expectation that the
clarity of purpose you seek will soon emerge in
upcoming discussions.

Thank you for sharing your views.  I look forward to
further discussions as needed.

best wishes,
Danny