Re: [governance] RALOs without halos

Milton Mueller wrote:

>>So, why not propose right now (for the upcoming ICANN meeting) that ALAC
>>and NCUC cease to exist and are replaced by a non-profit non-business
>>constituency of civil society organizations, with no membership
>>restrictions other then being properly registered as such in any
>>country? A sort of World Caucus of NGOs for Internet Governance (WCNIG)
>>

>ALAC and NCUC should establish an integrated council/organization that serves
>as the umbrella for coordinating and developing positions within ICANN. But it
>would be disastrous to eliminate them and give up structural representation
>within ICANN. That would simply throw away real leverage we have.

Sorry Milton, I guess the way I expressed it made a wrong impression. I
understand this would be a process, and of course a joint transition
group could be established to carry out this task. We cannot lose this
space within Icann -- to the contrary, we have to make it stronger and
more consistent/effective.

frt rgds

--c.a.

--