[ga] Policy Needed/chargebacks

Let me address just one issue which is clearly presented here.

Chargebacks are when there is a failure between the time of taking of a credit card for processing by a vendor and the card service paying into the account of said vendor. This is a critical concept for ecommerce. This whole system has some problems but all in all works well. It is involved with the ebb and flow of start up businesses and is essential in the grace period required for consumers when purchasing on line. It is controlled by and large by the card service people and behind the scenes very heavily regulated via banking and credit laws. It is a world unto its own and can make or break a balance sheet of a business. It must be anticipated in projections and assigned working man hours to administer and should be an intergral part of marketing and legal considerations of businesses.

Therefor if a justification for warehousing domain names after expiration or because of chargeback is a rationale for implementing a policy on warehousing be very assured you are writing policy that effects billions of dollars of ecommerce.

At this time I would suggest that you exclude that scenario from anything to do with a policy regarding processing of domain names. Tell registrars, registries and aftermarketeers to deal with that problem in another fiscally responsible way.

Sincerely,
Eric Dierker

Do you Yahoo!?