RE: [Euralo-ml] IGF At Large Activities

Right.

You might remember that for months I have been saying loud and clear that
the first step was to decide exactly what to do in Athens, because ICANN
needs to have a justification for providing funding. In essence, a business
case. Not rocket science indeed.
It was absolutely obvious that with generic statemnets like "we inaugurate
EURALO" without a plan (what, where, when, why) we would have gotten
nothing. As a matter of fact, I had funding independent from ALAC budget,
but had to cancel the flight routing through Athens simply because it was
less than a week ago that we had a clear action plan. And I could not wait,
since I am already on the road since Tuesday.

Any lesson learned?

Roberto Gaetano
ALAC
ICANN Board Liaison