[alac-forum] a thought about top level names for adult sites

I was reading an article online about the fast spreading issue of internet
porn and the fact that children are getting assaulted with pop-ups and
other Spam related to such sites.
Also the fact that it is extremely difficult to block such sites on a
personal computer of witch children have access to.
After some discussion I and my fellow workers (IT techs ourselves) believe
we may have come up with an easy to implement solution.
Create an .XXX domain structure and have all the porn sites voluntary
switch their domain names to it. For instance playboy.com would become
playboy.xxx etc.
>From their it becomes extremely easy for ISP?s, businesses or even the
home user to set up a simple filter to not allow their systems access to
such domain names. I also believe that almost all of the adult industry
would be more than willing to do something that could once and for all
prevent children access to their sites with little effort on their part.
This would of course take time to spread across the internet and their
will always be a few companies that would refuse to switch ( no matter
what they say , it?s really not that much work or cost to switch domain
names ) , but it is a start. It would also make it much harder to defend
that they have done everything possible to prevent the viewing of their
product to children if they have not made the effort to make the change.