- To: council@xxxxxxxxx, gnso.secretariat@xxxxxxxxx, bruce.tonkin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- From: "Shirley Rose" <shirlrose@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 13:18:05 -0400
- Cc: twomey@xxxxxxxxx, jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx, dam@xxxxxxxxx, harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, execd@xxxxxxx, comments@xxxxxxxxx, wildcard-comments@xxxxxxxxx
I find your Final Resolution regarding Verisign Registry Site Finder Service
dated September 25 baffling! ( see
GNSO?s findings states:
?Therefore, the gNSO Council:
Supports ICANN's actions to
1) monitor community reaction and experiences with the new service
2) request advice from the Security and Stability Advisory Committee and
from the IAB on the impact of change introduced by the registry service of
3) encourages broad participation by the community in the upcoming meeting
hosted by the Security and Stability Advisory Committee ?
Is the gNSO paying ANY attention to the situation?
1) the designated forum for ?monitoring community reaction? is ICANN?s very
own page at http://forum.icann.org/alac-forum/redirect/ ALL comments and
requests by ALL experts are for the SiteFinder service to cease operations
2) There is no need to ?request advice? from SSAC and IAN - they are already
on the record as demanding immediately cease its operation of the
3) There is no need to postpone review of SiteFinder. All organizations and
experts or relevance are on the record demanding immediate stop of
SiteFinder - with the exception of Verising.
Is Verisign the ONLY party in this matter whose demands are to be rubber
stamped by ICANN?
Does the opinion and recommendation of
1) ICANN President Paul Twomey
2) SSAC (http://www.icann.org/correspondence/secsac-to-board-22sep03.htm),
3) IAB (http://www.iab.org/documents/docs/2003-09-20-dns-wildcards.html and
4) Public Internet Registry (.org) Chairman David W. Maher
5) auDA (.au Registry) CEO Chris Disspain
(http://www.icann.org/correspondence/auda-to-twomey-25sep03.pdf), and all
other experts factor in any way in your decisions?!
ICANN President: twomey@xxxxxxxxx , jeffrey@xxxxxxxxx , dam@xxxxxxxxx
IAB: harald@xxxxxxxxxxxxx , execd@xxxxxxx
Instant message during games with MSN Messenger 6.0. Download it now FREE!