Re: [council] Dealing with conflicts

On 14 Aug 2009, at 11:21, Tim Ruiz wrote:

I would also request that Staff take up this issue with Kevin and let us know if we are just wasting our time. If a consensus or a majority of Councilors/ex-Councilors is not going to sway ICANN to increase funding then perhaps we can all be saved from spending more time on an already lost cause.

Also, since Denise informed us that the policy allowed for deflection of funds from council members to others in the constituency that the constituency thought should travel, need based analysis by the constituencies and budget splitting (i.e. some get travel, some get room/per-diem) might solve the problem without further budget or rancor.

As discussed in the meting yesterday, I have sent a message to Olga and asked her, as chair of the Travel DT, to have the DT take a look and make a proposal for how to handle this.

a.