RE: [council] GNSO Website
Sorry about the late reply. Hopefully better late than never! My
1. Structure of content. The biggest issue I have with the GNSO website is
structure of the content. If there is a structure, it's not obvious to me.
As a result I have difficulty in navigation and difficulty in finding
What I would like to see is:
- a sitemap
- a navigation menu (e.g. 'Computers > Internet > Organizations > ICANN'
- a search function.
I suspect that the creation of a sitemap and a navigation menu will bring
out all the issues with the structure of the content.
2. RSS Feeds. Consideration should be given to RSS feeds.
From: owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:owner-council@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of gnso.icann
Sent: Sunday, 13 February 2005 7:28 a.m.
Subject: [council] GNSO Website
Reminder! Comments due by 12 February. So far 2 comments have been received
2, thank you very much, but others would be most welcome.
Regarding recommendation 20 of the GNSO Council review: The GNSO Council
should overhaul the website so that it better meets the needs of all who are
interested in the work of the GNSO.
In an effort to improve the website, it would be most useful to have an idea
of what your requirements are for the website. Perhaps the following
headings may help focus your comments:
1. Structure - do the custom constituency pages help or hinder?
2. Navigation - how can it be improved on the ICANN web site in general? Can
you easily get what you want from the GNSO home page?
3. Content - should there be a simpler menu for basic information on ICANN
on the ICANN home page? And a similar menu for the GNSO home page?
4. Accessibility - do you ever have connectivity problems?
5. New Ideas - is there content missing? If so what?
Your comments would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much.
Glen de Saint Géry