[council] Government Advisory Committee (GAC) Liaison to the GNSO Council - Audri Mukhopadhyay

Hello All,

I note from the GAC communique at the RIO meeting:
http://www.gac.icann.org/RioMeeting/CommuniqueRioDeJaneiro.htm

"2. GAC-ICANN Liaisons

2.1 GAC decided to appoint several Liaisons to various ICANN constituents. The
list of Liaison appointments is in Appendix 1 to this Communiqué. With the
exception of the GAC Chair, whose appointment is ex-officio, these appointments
are for a one year term. GAC will review its experience with Liaisons at the
Montreal and Tunisia meetings.

2.2 The GAC Liaisons will facilitate two-way communications with the
aforementioned ICANN constituents, and address policy matters only if these
have already been agreed by the GAC.

2.3 GAC encourages ICANN Board and its constituent entities to work closely
with the GAC Liaisons to optimise the possible synergies between GAC and ICANN
constituents, consistent with the public-private partnership embodied in the
ICANN Reform."

>From Annex 1 of the communique:

"2. Generic Names Supporting Organisation (GNSO)

Audri Mukhopadhyay, Canada (Accr. Rep.)"

And from: http://www.gac.icann.org/contact/gac_representatives.htm

Audri Mukhopadhyay
Senior Economist
Industry Canada
mukhopadhyay.audri@xxxxxxxx

I assume that the Council will receive formal notification of this appointment,
but I would like to welcome Audri Mukhopadhyay in advance, and invite him to
attend our teleconference on 17 April 2003.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin
Chair, GNSO Council