RE: [council] GNSO election results

Hello All,

Thanks for the quick responses from Marilyn and Jeff.

Now is not the time to rush to decisions.  The vote can't be ratified until we
have a properly constituted council meeting - with appropriate notice.

Louis Touton has agreed to provide a briefing to those council members that may
have questions on the process in the teleconference as scheduled by the GNSO
Secretariat.  This teleconference is not a formal GNSO Council meeting, and
hence cannot make decisions.  I personally am unable to attend the call.

With regard to the Rio meeting, upon further reflection I think the most
prudent course of action is to allow the ICANN Secretary to investigate the
challenge to the non-commercial constituency vote, and allow the non-commercial
constituency to respond, before we ratify the vote.  Hopefully this can be done
before the Rio meeting, but at the Rio meeting we should at least be able to
get an update from ICANN Secretary and the non-commercial constituency.  There
is no immediate need to finalise the appointment of a new ICANN Board Director,
and it is better that the new director is elected in circumstances where no
aspect of the process can be called into question.

Regards,
Bruce Tonkin