Re: Sun M-class hardware denial of service

> > > How absolutely bizzare.  Basically you spend half a million dollars on
> > > Sun hardware, and it isn't required to do this better than VMWare?
> >
> > I think you've got it exactly backwards: you don't let non-trusted
> > people run code on these machines because they are so expensive.
> >

> Right, and even if you are forced to allow root access to someone who
> is not well trusted then run them in a zone on the hardware domain -
> that way they cannot load random kernel modules even if they have root
> in the zone.
>
> The bug is bad but there are workarounds available that make it very
> difficult to exploit.

the only workaround is to buy a seperate machine for the other uses.

So you buy a machine that can be split up into different machines, and
guess what, you still have to buy extra ones because it doesn't
work.

You really do hold vendors to a really really low standard.