Re: AS/400 Vulnerabilities

Hello Bugtraq,

On Fri, 13 Jun 2008, security curmudgeon wrote:

I would guess there is little research being done on them. The odds of a box falling over due to a few malformed TCP packets, but being resistant or not vulnerable to more complex attacks seems pretty far fetched. While this vendor and technology is widely deployed, it isn't a sexy target for research.

Speaking of AS/400 security research, I'd like to point out the following resources:

http://seclists.org/pen-test/2008/Feb/0083.html
http://www.venera.com/downloads.htm
http://www.venera.com/order.htm
http://www.security-database.com/toolswatch/AS-400-Auditing-Framework-Beta.html

Cheers,

--
Marco Ivaldi, OPST
Red Team Coordinator      Data Security Division