Re: ZDI-08-034: HP StorageWorks Storage Mirroring Authentication Processing Stack Overflow Vulnerability

> During the handling of an encoded authentication request, the process
> copies the user-supplied login information into a fixed length stack
> buffer

This one seems exactly the same vulnerability I disclosed in February
2008 and for which I wrote also a testing attack (number 7) in my
doubletakedown proof-of-concept:

  http://aluigi.org/adv/doubletakedown-adv.txt

Anyway it's an old version of Double-Take so should be not considered,
in fact I mentioned that old bug in my advisory only for thoroughness
but without the minimal consideration since the bug was already
found and patched by the same vendor (Double-Take, not HP).

---
Luigi Auriemma
http://aluigi.org