Re: defining 0day

On 26/09/2007, at 5:02 AM, Gadi Evron wrote:

Okay. I think we exhausted the different views, and maybe we are now able to come to a conlusion on what we WANT 0day to mean.

What do you, as professional, believe 0day should mean, regardless of previous definitions?

As a professional, I would be happy to see terms like '0day' banished from the lexicon entirely. It's an essentially meaningless -- all third-party exploits are zero-day to _somebody_ -- term of boast co- opted from the warez scene, and we can do perfectly well without it.

Quibbling over its precise definition seems a ridiculous waste of bytes.