Re: Skype Network Remote DoS Exploit

On Aug 20, 2007, at 6:52 PM, Valery Marchuk wrote:

 someone made a mistake in the code

I've no insight at all into this issue beyond what's been publicly disseminated, but it's important to note that the Skype folks explicitly stated that there was some sort of flaw in their P2P communications mechanisms which led to the outage, FWIW.

AFAIK, Sype didn't blame Microsoft - they blamed a code flaw on their part and stated that the coincidence of lots of reboots associated with the most recent Microsoft updates exposed the Skype code flaw (again, I've no insight into this matter beyond what Skype have publicly stated).

Roland Dobbins <rdobbins@xxxxxxxxx> // 408.527.6376 voice

           I don't sound like nobody.

               -- Elvis Presley