Re: SYMSA-2007-002: Palm OS Treo Find Feature System Password Bypass

I can understand why Palm does not want to fix it. This is my opinion, it stems
from feature richness: The initial state the phone is lock and then you
received a call, then it provides the user the ability to search for
contact/number/meeting/memo...etc (header/prefix only). If this Find feature is
blocked, then user would have to hang-up the call and unlock the phone to
retrieve the info, then call the user back.  I have run into this situation on
many occasion, since I did not know of Find feature can be used in this mode.

The SecurityLockFindFix.prc is available to block the Find feature, but for the
non-security minded person flexibility may way overshadow security, but that is
a personal matter. There is no personal choice when the Palm Treo is corporate
own, so the fix should be applied.