Black Hat CFP, Registration, and Announcements for October

Hello BugTraq readers,

Here are some announcements from Black Hat to keep you busy this October:

- - The Call for Papers and conference registration is now open for the Black
Hat
DC Training and Briefings.
- - The Call for Papers and conference registration for Black Hat Europe will
open on November 1.
- - Presentations from Black Hat Japan are now on-line.

Black Hat DC 2007 Briefings & Training will be February 26 to March 1, held at
the Sheraton Crystal City hotel in Arlington Virginia.

Register early to take advantage of our early bird rate and save when you
register for the Briefings before January 1st.
Papers and requests to speak will be received and reviewed from October 1, 2006
until January 1, 2007. We strongly suggest that you submit earlier than later,
since we will close the CFP early if we receive enough quality submissions to
fill the slots. Please submit using the new on-line system at:
https://cfp.blackhat.com/

If you want to submit to the Call for Papers please note Black Hat does not
accept product or vendor related pitches, or voodoo. If your talk is a veiled
advertisement for a new product or service your company is offering, please do
not submit. If your talk relies on voodoo techniques or tools you are not
willing to share, then you should rethink the benefit the audience will get
from sitting through your presentation.

Black Hat is launching its new electronic CFP submissions server with this
announcement. You will be able to upload your submissions, make changes, select
your co-presenters, etc. This system will allow you to submit multiple
presentations as well as be able to change your info should you need to. This
new submission and review process will enable the future possibility of peer
review and on-line information exchange. For now we are looking forward to
seeing your submissions and would like to hear any feedback you have on this
new submission process.

Topic Focus for Black Hat DC 2007:
We would like presenters to think about offensive and defensive computer
security operations and the application of your expertise and research. Think
about its application in an operational process that can be defensive or
offense, large enterprise or distributed organized criminal group, military or
civilian. This is not a requirement to submit, but we want some differentiation
for the DC conference. Thinking in terms of operational applicability will
steer content in a direction we hope the DC audience will appreciate.

Dates to Remember for Black Hat DC:
Call for Papers closes: January 1, 2007.
Early Bird registration rate ends December 31.
Regular registration rate ends February 18th.
More information regarding speaker requirements and our guidelines for this
years submissions available at http://www.blackhat.com/

Black Hat Europe 2007 Briefings & Training will be March 27 to March 30, held
at the Hotel Movenpick in Amsterdam.

Dates to Remember for Black Hat Europe:
Call for Papers will open November 1, 2006 and close February 1st, 2007.
Registration will open November 1, 2006 and the Early Bird rate ends January
12, 2007.
On-line registration closes March 18, 2007.

Black Hat Japan 2006 Presentations are now available on-line!
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-media-archives/bh-archives-2006.html#AS_2006
Presentation topics available include: Anti-Forensic Root kits, The Art and
Science of Writing Secure Code, Hacking Intranet web sites from the Outside,
Breaking AJAX Web Applications, Subverting Vista Kernel and more! Audio of the
sessions will be encoded and added on-line in the next month as well.
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-japan-06/bh-jp-06-en-speakers.html

We also have the presentation material from USA 2006 show on-line, and we
anticipate we will have audio and video of the presentations available for
download within the next month. To view the entire media archives:
http://www.blackhat.com/html/bh-multimedia-archives-index.html

The Black Hat RSS feed:
http://www.blackhat.com/BlackHatRSS.xml

Thank you,