Re: NASL 'Split' function Buffer overflow Vulnerability

On Apr 25, 2006, at 1:09 PM, Renaud Deraison wrote:

On Apr 25, 2006, at 3:51 AM, OS2A BTO wrote:

We have discovered a vulnerability in libnasl of Nessus which can
cause Denial of
Service. We have attached the advisory which details the vulnerability and
also has the fix. A patch for libnasl 2.2.4 is included.

At the opposite of what the full advisory hints, this issue is NOT exploitable.

I meant to say : "not exploitable to execute arbitary code".

                                -- Renaud